Bear Creek Apartments Application Process

Bear Creek Apartments offers apartment-style accommodation for non-freshman students including transfer students. This environment offers the independence of off-campus living with the convenience of being located in the Williams Village community. Bear Creek offers flexible, individual leases, multiple types of fully furnished apartments, full kitchens, free tutoring through the Academic Success and Achievement Program and community-building activities and events.


Students must be at least 18 years of age at time of move-in, be in sophomore or higher standing  and meet one of the following criteria:

  • Be an undergraduate students with a minimum of six (6) credits per semester for at least two semesters OR
  • Be a graduate student with a minimum of five (5) credits per semester for at least two semesters, making academic progress

Before You Apply

  • You will need your Identikey and password (if you haven't received it, contact the Office of Information Technology)
  • Have a credit or debit card ready for the $300 deposit
  • Prepare your emergency contact information

Mutual Roommate Requests (if applicable)

If you will be requesting specific roommates in your housing application, please:

  • Have the full legal names (as registered with the university) of the roommates
  • Consider applying on the same day as your roommates, preferably at or near the same time
  • Be aware that you and your roommates will need to accept each other's requests for the request to be confirmed

Disability Accommodations

The University of Colorado Boulder provides reasonable housing accommodations to residents with disabilities. A disability is defined by law as a mental or physical impairment that substantially limits an individual in one or more major life activities. Major life activities include but are not limited to walking, eating, speaking, sleeping, hearing, seeing and concentrating. Housing accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis, founded on documented need.

If you submit disability information on your housing application, we will email you additional instructions regarding the process and how to complete the “Request for Housing Accommodation Form.” This form includes a section that is completed by the resident and a section completed by a licensed medical professional. Applicants/residents who have a documented need to have an emotional/assistance animal must contact Bear Creek in advance of acquiring the animal.

When requesting accommodations you will be asked to identify one of the categories below that best describes your need:

  • Room/apartment modifications
  • Room/apartment reassignment
  • Dietary limitations—including anaphylaxis food allergies
  • Visual/hearing impairments (e.g. flashing fire alarm, light-up door bell, etc.)
  • Assistance/emotional support animal

For academic related accommodations, please visit Disability Services. For questions pertaining to service animals, please visit the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance website. If you have additional questions regarding housing accommodations, please contact the Bear Creek Office at 303-735-2275.


Assignments will be made based on deposit paid time and date. Please make sure to apply as early as possible to increase your chances of receiving your preferred apartment type.

Learn more about each semester

Fall semester

Spring semester

Summer semester