Only students who have been assigned to a roommate(s) and community bath room type (with only one roommate) can participate in the roommate selection process. In the roommate selection process, you will only see students that are assigned to the same hall/program as you. You will be able to view their personal profile, send a message and request them as a roommate during your hall/program's scheduled time slot.
*The roommate selection process is only available to students moving in at fall semester. New students who move in at spring semester year-to-year will be assigned roommates by Student Housing.
Request a friend
- In your housing application, choose the same eligible preferences as your friend
- If your building assignment matches, follow the "find a friend" guide below
- If you haven't been assigned to the same building, utilize the room change process. One student should request the other student's building. If the room change is successful, follow the instructions in the last bullet in the "find a friend" guide below
- Occupancy Management can help advise you and your friend to enhance the ability to find a friend in the roommate selection process
Find a friend through the roommate selection process
- Roommate selecton process date TBD
- You must have a housing assignment by TBD date to participate
- Each hall has a different four-day window—specific dates will be communicated once assignments are made
- Log into your housing application during your assigned hall’s window to message other students in your hall
- Suggestions are made based on your answers to the lifestyle questions
- If you find someone who is a good match, you can request them as a roommate
- You will be placed together if the request is mutual, meaning one student requests it and the other confirms it
Once you have selected a roommate, your potential roommate must accept the request before the end of your scheduled time slot in order for the request to be considered mutual. Once the requested roommate accepts, it is mutual and cannot be canceled.
If you are unable to select or confirm a roommate during your hall/program's scheduled time slot, Occupancy Management will assign a roommate based on your lifestyle preferences.
Leave it to us!
- We ask lifestyle questions on the application to find out your sleeping habits, study habits, preferred room noise, etc.
- We then assign you with someone who matches up with you based on your answers
Questions? Contact us! 303-492-6673 (press 1) or email@example.com.