Students that are under 18 years of age at the time of contract submission must complete the Guardian Consent Form to apply for housing. Your application is considered incomplete until this form has been received and accepted. The Guardian Consent Form must be submitted within three days of completing the housing application, otherwise, the application completion date will be changed to the Guardian Consent Form accepted date. To complete this form, there are two options:
- Print the form, ensure all information is completed (including signature and date field), scan and upload the completed form to your housing application when prompted
- Electronically fill out each field (please note that typed names will not be accepted for the signature fields), save and upload the form into the housing application when prompted. If you are unable to upload the form into the housing application when prompted, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax the form to 303-735-2222. Please note that email or faxed forms may only be processed by Student Housing (Occupancy Management) once the application has been started, so it's highly recommended to try and upload the document first.
It is important to understand that the residence hall environment expects an adult level of responsibility. Students are expected to be able to study and live independently and get along with people from a wide variety of backgrounds. Regardless of age, the residence halls provide limited supervision. Students are allowed to come and go from their halls as they please, visit other students around campus and people living off-campus. Students are also responsible for making their own decisions regarding their own and their roommate(s) guests in their own room. The rules and regulations of living in the residence halls can be found in the Residence Hall Handbook and the 2019-20 Housing Contract.
As students prepare to come to Boulder (or are currently living with us), there are a few more things to keep in mind:
- The university does not keep any curfews in its residence halls.
- If a student is under 18 years of age at the time of their housing application, they are required to sign a Guardian Consent Form upon submission of the housing contract along with their parent/guardian. This form holds both the student and their parent/guardian accountable to the terms of the housing contract.
- Additionally, the form gives consent for medical treatment of a minor. This allows the university to take the necessary appropriate steps to treat students should a medical emergency occur. If such a situation arises, every effort is made to contact the person who the student listed as their emergency contact on their application.
- Should a student be in violation of local, state or federal laws, they will be referred to the CU Police Department regardless of age.
We strongly encourage parents/guardians to have discussions about responsible behavior in the residence halls, following campus policies as well as local and state laws and the importance of good decision-making in having success in their new environment.